Detailed updates about activities to implement the NAP and 1325 in Palestine, including conferences, awareness-raising activities, and human rights litigation are available in the national report of Palestine for Beijing+25.
National Action Plan: State of Palestine commits to developing and adopting its second National Action Plan on the implementation of UNSCR 1325 (2020-2022), in addition to submitting the State’s initial report to the SecretaryGeneral on the implementation of the NAP.
As of July 2020, the NAP is still forthcoming, along with the implementation plan.
Participation: Palestine will also work to enhance women’s participation in the reconciliation Process.
Justice: State of Palestine will hold Israel accountable by:
- Demanding the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to open an investigation on the crimes committed by Israel, the occupying power, against Palestinian people through submitting monthly reports to the Office of the Prosecutor on the systematic Human Rights violations perpetrated by Israel, the occupying power, against Palestinian women and girls. In addition, following up on the referral submitted by the State of Palestine to the ICC pursuant to articles 13(a) and 14 of the Rome Statute.
- Update: In December 2019, the ICC Chief Prosecutor ruled to proceed with an investigation, stating: “I am satisfied that there is a reasonable basis to proceed with an investigation into the situation in Palestine, pursuant to article 53(1) of the Statute. In brief, I am satisfied that (i) war crimes have been or are being committed in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip (“Gaza”) (for specifics, see paras. 94-96); (ii) potential cases arising from the situation would be admissible; and (iii) there are no substantial reasons to believe that an investigation would not serve the interests of justice.”
- Following up on the Complaint submitted by the State of Palestine to the CERD Committee against Israel, the occupying power, for its systematic violations of the CERD convention, in order to stop such violations against Palestinian women and girls and take concrete actions to protect their rights.
- Decision December 2018: https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBodies/CERD/NV_Palestine_Israel14Dec2018.pdf
- Adopting its concluding observations on Israel on 12 December 2019,10 CERD recognised the continuity of Israeli policies and practices of racial segregation and apartheid on both sides of the Green Line.
- Continuing the diplomatic efforts towards the adoption of international resolutions which condemn Israeli violations against Palestinians, and which ensure the protection of Palestinian women and girls against such violations.
- Contacting relevant Special Rapporteurs, to highlight Israeli violations against Palestinian women and girls and ensuring their protection against such violations.
- Providing verbal and written interventions, reports and draft resolutions on the violations committed by Israel, the occupying power, against Palestinian women and girls, before the different bodies of the United Nations.